Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I’ve Got a List, Too!

 This week a website compiled the research of other lists of fastest  growing, most innovative and largest churches. This master list supposedly lists America's "top churches." The pastor of the church that topped the list at church relevance posted the following on his blog.

   I think LifeChurch may be on one list because its leaders value the things on the list below.

I didn’t want to be left out. Here is my list of some of the most successful Christians. (I left out their names because God knows who they are.)

  • The small group members who bring shut-ins to church each week.
  • The single mom with four kids, struggling to make ends meet, who tithes and gives a $5 offering to missions each week.
  • The boy at our church who earned enough points to win two bikes, but gave them to a family who couldn’t afford them.
  • The rich business guy who gives over half his income away and takes his two sons downtown to serve the poor every week.
  • The bi-vocational pastor friend of mine who works a job for fifty hours a week, so he can preach for free on the weekends.
  • The eighty-three year old who feels like she can die and go to heaven because her great-grandson just accepted Christ.
  • The couple who prays all weekend long while I’m preaching.
  • The leaders of the church who decided not to build a bigger building but give the money they raised to start churches.
  • My daughters who pray every night for all the missionaries from our church.
  • The guy I read about from another country who was beheaded because he wouldn’t deny Christ.

I only hope I can one day make a list like this one!

Source: I’ve Got a List, Too! at LifeChurch.tv : swerve

No comments:

Post a Comment