Monday, February 25, 2008

"Say So"

What successes have you celebrated with your class/group recently? In yesterday’s sermon Pastor Sean reminded us that although the church at Philadelphia had little strength, He had opened doors for them and they had been faithful to his name.
Sometimes a culture of celebration yields a spirit of hope. I know that I often focus on the things to be corrected rather than taking time to celebrate the successes. It was invigorating for me to celebrate the successful Ladies retreat yesterday!
I would like you to consider 2 steps. 1) reply to this posting with one of your recent successes so that others in the leadership community can celebrate with you. And 2) schedule some time in your next class/group meeting to share successes.
Since I grew up in the fundamentalist Baptist tradition, we often had “say so” meetings on Sunday nights. This was just an opportunity to “let the redeemed of the Lord say so.”