Thursday, February 15, 2007

“I Want My Staff to Make Mistakes Every Week”

"I want my staff members taking risks and making mistakes. That means they're being innovative and it means they're not afraid to try. Now, I don't want them making the same mistake every week – that means they're not learning, and that is bad. But I tell them, 'Make a new mistake every week.' I tell them, 'Show the innovation and creativity to do something really stupid that you've never done before.'" - Rick Warren

There is a balance between perfection and recklessness. As with most things, the proper position is found somewhere in the tension of the middle.

Does the fear of failure paralyze you from risking big things for God? Does "trial-and-error" prevent you from seeing significant transformation in the life of your students or those you lead?

Link to MondayMorningInsight.com > Rick Warren:  “I Want My Staff to Make Mistakes Every Week”

No comments:

Post a Comment