Monday, August 25, 2008

Perception and Reality

watch here then read below

When have you made decisions or based your actions upon your perception, just to find out what you thought was true, wasn't actually true? I know I have focused my attention upon a person whom I thought was opposing me, just to find out that this particular person was not my enemy, but Satan was using him. Scripture says that we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers.

There have been other times when I polled a small population and assumed their conclusions represented the larger group. When I created an action plan based upon the opinions of the few then received a pushback from the larger group, I learned that my perceptions are not always reality.

The players in the video above actively receive input, interpret the input they receive and create an action plan. But their action plan does not achieve the intended results because their perceptions are not reality.

Counselors know that often the "presenting problem" is not the real reason the client is in their office. To bring about real change requires discerning the real problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment